In addition to some well-known external factors, there is another factor that cannot be ignored for induction and aggravation of psoriasis. The skin is in direct contact with objects, and some hazardous chemicals common in everyday life are also factors affecting condition of patients.
Strong disinfectants, chlorine disinfectants, bleaches, rust removers, etc. are cleaning products that we often come across in our lives, and every home will prepare them for cleaning. As a general rule, be sure to wear intact cleaning gloves when using them, and try to avoid splashing your skin or even your eyes when using these fluids.
Many of these products are highly corrosive and irritating, which can irritate human skin and damage barrier tissue. It is very important to use disinfectants in accordance with instructions for use. When they are mixed, a chemical reaction can occur with formation of toxic gases, which is very dangerous.
Take disinfectant 84 as an example. It is a sodium hypochlorite-based disinfectant, a colorless liquid that is irritating and corrosive. Avoid direct contact with skin. It is also not allowed to mix 84 disinfectant with other disinfectants or detergents (such as alcohol for cleaning toilets), as this will generate a large amount of chlorine gas and poison people and cause unconsciousness.
Hair dye, nail polish
Hair dye and nail polish are two common triggers in outpatient clinics. Many patients suffer from gray hair or other causes, and their hair becomes discolored or straightened, which leads to spread or aggravation of psoriasis on head. Nail polish or nail art can also spread disease to fingers, causing damage to nails, i.e. psoriasis of nails.
Hair dyes often contain various harmful substances such as p-phenylenediamine, hydrogen peroxide, m-phenylenediamine, parabens, etc., which can cause skin irritation and sensitivity, as well as damage scalp, hair follicles, degrade hair quality. , and even absorbed into bloodstream, disrupting immune system and causing cancer.
Let's take p-phenylenediamine as an example. The word "benzene" contained in it should be vigilant. Benzene is a class I carcinogen. Humans and animals inhale or ingest large amounts of benzene, which causes acute and chronic benzene poisoning and damage to nervous system.
P-Phenylenediamine is a coloring agent that must be used in hair dyes. It is a carcinogenic substance recognized throughout world. Typically, hair coloring requires heat and toxic substances enter our capillaries through scalp. Long-term hair coloring causes malignant transformation of hematopoietic stem cells, and among leukemia patients, most of them have a history of exposure to benzene and its organic products.
The main harmful components of paint include organic solvents such as benzene, toluene and xylene, as well as formaldehyde and some heavy metal components that have a pungent odor and are extremely harmful to human body, causing an exacerbation of disease. .
Benzene has already been mentioned above. I think everyone knows that formaldehyde is a harmful and not very useful thing. Since it has good antiseptic properties, it is used in all walks of life and it will be used in daily necessities. Therefore, patients with skin diseases or diseases of respiratory system or mucous membranes should be given special attention Newly renovated houses and newly bought houses should be ventilated frequently You can put green plants or activated carbon products to remove formaldehyde Newly purchased clothes or small items, Wash once and air out to dry.
There are also adhesive products, most of which we use, 502, main ingredient is α-ethyl cyanoacrylate. Typically, when word cyanide appears, it means poisonous. Less is useless, excess is poisonous, just don't use too much.
Insecticides, insect repellants, air fresheners, and other similar products are also somewhat toxic and may cause some respiratory and skin irritation. The packaging will also be labeled "weakly poisonous". Of course, using in small doses is not a problem. I'm afraid that some stupid boy will not open window to ventilate after daily use. In this case, even if it is slightly poisonous, dizziness, nausea and allergies will be inevitable with prolonged use.
Reminder: Speaking of substandard, counterfeit cosmetics and skin care products, they should also be paid attention to, because products on market now are complex, and many people complain of allergic reactions, so we should also pay attention to this. Since skin of face and scalp is relatively thin, and barrier function is weak, if you find allergies, ulcers and other problems, you should consult a doctor in time, and do not use medicines without permission.